Shang-Chi: Please, we would prefer to end this peacefully.
Humbug: Speak for yourself, Shang-Chi.
- From Heroes for Hire vol. 2 #3 by Justin Gray, Jerry Palmiotti and Al Rio. February 2007.
Nick Fury: In care you’re unaware, we have a situation.
Wolverine: Screw your situation.
Nick Fury: Tell that to the four hundred dead soldiers in Okinawa
- From Wolverine: Debt of Death vol. 1 #1 by David Lapham and David Aja. November 2011.
Cover art for Wolverine Origins vol. 1 #49 by Simone Bianchi.
Polaris: Don’t get me wrong, I love it when you get all driven like this… But if anyone needs to blow off steam about now, Alex Summers, it’s you.
Havok: Lorna, it’s not just —
- Lorna Dane blows off some steam in Uncanny X-Men vol. 1 #484 by Ed Brubaker and Billy Tan. March 2007.
Valkyrie by Gene Gonzales.
Colossus: Then, Comrades, let us end this battle — once and for all!
- From Uncanny X-Men vol. 1 #235 by Christ Claremont and Rick Leonardi. October 1988. Clockwise from upper left: Storm, Longshot, Colossus, Havok, Psylocke, and Dazzler.
Isabelle: Your pardon, Senhor, but is not Senhor aware…
Isabelle: That it is a cardinal sin for anyone to be dressed so formally… on the beach of Ipanema, on the eve of Carnival?
Magneto: This, I’m afraid, is an uninhibited as I get.
Isabelle: For shame, dear heart. You’ll never make a carioca. Sorry I’m late.
Magneto: I don’t mind. You’ve always been well worth any wait.
Magneto: Although I must confess, Isabelle, in that costume I’d never think of you as my coolly professional physician.
Isabelle: That’s why I insisted on meeting you here… to present the wild side of my nature. Do you mind?
- From Classic X-Men vol. 1 #19 by Chris Claremont and John Bolton. March 1988.
Iron Man: Cap. please don’t get up. I don’t want to hit you again. Your jaw’s practically hanging off. Just surrender and I’ll get you medical attention from the S.H.I.E.L.D. people out there.
Captain America: You really think I’m going down to some pampered punk like you?
- From Civil War vol. 1 #4 by Mark Millar and Steve McNiven. June 2006.
Fianden: You are still alive. Fascinating.
Warbird: Mere dust cannot kill me, Fianden scum.
Fianden: Even though it has killed so many others of your kind?
Warbird: Shut your mouth.
Fianden: I remember those days. Th only warriors of your kind who were immune to our weapons … were those already infected with dreams.
- From Astonishing X-Men vol. 3 #58 by Marjorie Liu and Gabriel Hernanzez Walta. March 2013.
Ben Urich, in caption: The detective who called me over here thinks he owes me huge. A couple of years ago, my diligent reporting kept him out of jail on a bum assault rap. Not a week goes by where he doesn’t try to ‘throw me a bone’ in an attempt to clean the slate.
I don’t think of it that way, but he does.
So every once in a while I get a couple of good stories out of it. Well, some good, some crap.
Detective: Okay, so, the door to the room was found open. One of the other tenants called it in because of the noise.
Caption: He’s so excited. He thinks this is the one — this is the one to even the score between us.
Detective: The TV could have went out the window during the fight.
Urich: There was a struggle?
Detective: Or maybe someone was ransacking the place. Maybe looking for something. You only get a minute, Urich. No photos. And you’ll want to be gone before the paparazzi get here.
Urich: And that’s how you found him?
- The scene of the death of Bullseye in Daredevil: End of Days vol. 1 #4 by Brian Michael Bendis, David Mack and Klaus Janson. March 2013.
Elektra (to Matt Murdock): Be a man.
- From Shadowland vol. 1 #5 by Andy Diggle and Billy Tan. January 2011.
Jimmy: We collectin’ for the Jimmy fund. Me, I’m Jimmy. Yer money, sucker. All of it.
Thug: Man, you can have the money. I just want that suite!
Thug 2: Dibs on the shoes. Hey — what’s he doin’ with that cane?
Thug: What in…
- From Daredevil vol. 1 #173 by Frank Miller. August 1981.
Kavita Rao: What definition of “ready” are we using here? Is it the one where you’re about to flick the switch of an untested machine that could fold most of reality down to the size and thickness of a passport photo?
Dr. Nemesis: Yes.
Kavita Rao: Good. So long as I’m clear.
- From X-Men: Legacy vol. 1#229 by Mike Carey and Dnaiel Arcuna. November 2009.
Doctor Doom: The girl child has kept me waiting on the doorstep like some common traveling peddler. I expected better hospitality, Cyclops, even on your little pretend island kingdom.
- From X-Men vol. 3 #16 by Victor Ghischler and Jorge Molina. August 2011.
Northstar: What these creatures did to the Neo, it would seem that humanity is next.
Namor: And what a loss that would be.
Northstar: Namor. Now is not the time.
- From X-Men vol. 3 #12 by Chris Yost and Paco Medina. August 2011.